Marvel Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Marvel World

HomeHome  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elimation of God Modding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mega Hertz
Leader of the X-men
Leader of the X-men

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Character Statistics
Hero Experience Points:
Elimation of God Modding Left_bar_bleue0/1000Elimation of God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Spam Level:
Elimation of God Modding Left_bar_bleue0/10Elimation of God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10)
Stats and Traits:

Elimation of God Modding Empty
PostSubject: Elimation of God Modding   Elimation of God Modding I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:35 am

Ok i hope you guys got my full support of this but if not I'm going to try to make my argument the best I can.

I think while in combat 1 post from any Character should be considered a turn. What that character does in that post is up to them weather it would be the Hero telling the Villian that he will not prevail that day, attacking, defending himself, Etc...

another thing is I believe each RP senerio need a Mod to Ref the situation. so Hero 1 cant say what Hero 2 is going to do. and also if Hero 1 desides he wants to hit the Villian he would state it and the Mod would deturmine is the attack was successful or not. and determing if the attack was successful or not could be determined by a random event based off the Ratios like attack vs Defence, Etc...

So lets start out with a Senerio we got Hero X and Villian. Hero X desides He going to hit the Villian. So he Stats Hero X Rushes forward and swings his fist at Villian. Hero X has an Accuracy of 5 and Villian desided he doesnt want to defend cause he wants to attack the next round so the attack automatically hits but if he did deside to defened he has a Speed of 5 so Hero X has a 50% chance of hitting him. so using that the Mod does a random thing to deturmine if the hero hit or not. there byelimation the God Modding of hittting or missing.

Thats just an Idea, Reply if you have questions about what I need to Clearify.
Back to top Go down
Howler

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Character Statistics
Hero Experience Points:
Elimation of God Modding Left_bar_bleue0/1000Elimation of God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)
Spam Level:
Elimation of God Modding Left_bar_bleue0/10Elimation of God Modding Empty_bar_bleue  (0/10)
Stats and Traits:

PostSubject: Re: Elimation of God Modding   Elimation of God Modding I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:44 am

Ermm, in rp there are a couple of general politeness rules

For every action there is a reaction

I run at you, I punch, you duck and punch back, Action reaction and it goes on like that

Mainly cause I could keep swinging my fists, and you would never get a chance to fight back without getting hit, or getting lucky.

You can't do more in a post than you could in real life

IF your swinging from a vine, throwing water ballons, and fireing fireballs, you are doing way to much and fail

Stick to things you do naturally

Think of post as 8-10 seconds, or 30 seconds if its dialect, think it short, the human hand can punch as fast as .9 seconds... thats 8.1 seconds left to dodge, think, react, and say something.
Back to top Go down
Mega Hertz
Leader of the X-men
Leader of the X-men

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Character Statistics
Hero Experience Points:
Spam Level:
Stats and Traits:

PostSubject: Re: Elimation of God Modding   Elimation of God Modding I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:09 pm

I Agree A punch is pretty fast in compairson to everything else, but the another character doesn't have to just stand by and take the punisment. They can deside to attack back by the time you get your second punsh, or they could block the attack, or could counter the attack, or just simply run or fly away. I know if I were getting attacked my responce isn't just to stand around getting hit for 8-10 seconds, LOL. Another point I would like to reimphansize is the need for Mod Refs. I think that Idea is still good.
Back to top Go down
Lodestone

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Character Statistics
Hero Experience Points:
Spam Level:
Stats and Traits:

PostSubject: Re: Elimation of God Modding   Elimation of God Modding I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am

I've been on other sites where you need a moderator to post after everything you do, and it just slows things down. That's the glory of freeform RP'ing. You need not worry about people other than those involved. Hell, I don't really like the stats thing we have going here, but I'll deal with them for the sake of a good RP experience. Everything is all about how well you play the game. Moderators just get in the way.
Back to top Go down
Genocide
Administrator
Administrator
Genocide

Male
Number of posts : 243
Job/hobbies : Vigilante
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Character Statistics
Hero Experience Points:
Spam Level:
Stats and Traits:

PostSubject: Re: Elimation of God Modding   Elimation of God Modding I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Without the the Stats and Traits system, there will be god-modding for sure. The Traits system also ensures that people will constantly play to upgrade their characters further. We've tried playing this forum without these systems before, and the experience wasnt so good, many amatuers were spoiling the game. A system like this keeps those noobs out. And yes we do have a Event Moderator that will intervene when things go out of hand, his name is the Watcher, check him out on the memberlist. thanks for the suggestions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elimation of God Modding   Elimation of God Modding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elimation of God Modding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Marvel Universe :: Administration :: Questions and Suggestions-
Jump to: